Communication is one of the most important skills in any field. Whether you’re a student, a professional, or just trying to get through your day, being able to communicate effectively can make a big difference. In this post, we’ll discuss five tips for effective communication. By following these tips, you can improve your communication skills and make a positive impact on your relationships, your career, and your life. Tip #1: Be clear and concise. When you’re communicating with someone, it’s important to be clear and concise. This means using language that is easy to understand and avoiding jargon or technical terms that the other person may not be familiar with. It also means getting to the point quickly and avoiding rambling.
Tip #2: Use active listening skills. Active listening is just as important as clear communication. When you’re listening to someone, it’s important to make eye contact, nod your head, and ask clarifying questions. This shows the other person that you’re paying attention and that you’re interested in what they have to say. Tip #3: Be respectful of others. Even if you disagree with someone, it’s important to be respectful of their opinion. This means avoiding personal attacks and name-calling. It also means listening to their point of view and trying to understand where they’re coming from. Find out more tips….
How to spot a narcissist? Dr. D’Arienzo, Clinical Psychologist here. I am going to share five signs that indicated you might be dealing with a narcissist. Receiving criticism: Their fragile self-esteem can’t even handle constructive criticism. Feedback seems like a direct attack. Losing Control: When they lose control of situations and people around them, they feel powerless because it contradicts their grandiose image of themselves. Not being admired: They thrive on admiration and attention and when they are ignored and don’t get what they think they deserve they pout, and get frustrated and angry. Being exposed: They create a false persona to maintain their inflated self-image but when someone exposes their true self, vulnerabilities or manipulations, they go on the attack. Losing a competition: They think they are superior to others and when someone beats them, they feel inferior, so they react with rage, make excuses, and “file away” a serious resentment. Losing is personal to a narcissist. Obviously, we all have some of these traits, but if you’re narcissist, you would have most of these and to the extreme. If that’s you or your in a relationship with one, get professional help.
Are You Planning a Spring Wedding? The Allure of Spring Weddings: Celebrating Love Among Blossoms and New Beginnings. The transition from winter to spring represents a time of renewal, growth, and beauty. As nature awakens and blooms, it’s no wonder that many couples choose this season to begin their journey together as a married couple. Spring weddings have a certain charm and romance that can’t be replicated in other seasons. From the abundance of flowers to the mild weather, spring provides an enchanting backdrop for a magical wedding. In this article, we’ll explore the top reasons why you should consider getting married in the spring.
See below for information about our Florida, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and South Carolina Premarital Preparation Courses.
Establishing Limits on Kids Technology Use March 9, 2022 Why is establishing limits on kids technology use so important?! Well, kids little brains are more susceptible to social influence than adults. Starting around the age of 10 to 12, children’s brains undergo a major shift that causes them to seek social rewards – which means […]
The Eye of the Storm January 26, 2022 A few weeks ago, I was in the kitchen and my daughter Julia – who is in the eleventh grade – entered and she was on the verge of tears. She said “Dad, I’m so overwhelmed about exams. I have so much to study and I think […]
Overcoming Traumatic Memories January 12, 2021 Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) have received increasing attention in recent years. Trauma occurs when one is exposed to a distressing event. Individuals who have experienced a traumatic event can often have troubling and distressing symptoms – resulting in the diagnosis of PTSD. These symptoms can include […]
A New You in 2022 December 29, 2021 Did you know that only 8% of people maintain their New Year’s Resolutions from January all the way to December? Chances are you are one of the 92% hoping this year you’ll be the 8%. In the spirit of New Year’s resolutions, I wanted to share a […]
The Greatest Gift December 15, 2021 It’s the holiday season and if you’re like me, you’re around a lot of family this time of year. As a psychologist, I hear about all the burdens that families bring over the holidays – such as people bringing their dogs to an event without asking permission, grandparents micromanaging […]
2021 has been a very difficult year for everyone. A lot of you have lost family or friends to COVID-19, political division, divorce or other accidents, tragedies & health related concerns. There’s been a lot of loss this year & your life has changed because of it. Your view on the holiday season might’ve changed too. I want you to know, you are not alone in your struggles & you will get through the holidays – even if that means leaving your old rituals behind to create new ones.
How to Overcome Panic Attacks October 6, 2021 People with Panic Disorder often present to the emergency room with chest pain or difficulty breathing and a genuine fear of dying from a heart attack. Some of us are genetically prone to panic attacks if we have a family history of anxiety, a lifestyle full of […]