Dr. D’Arienzo is a Board Certified Clinical Psychologist and National Relationship Expert with D’Arienzo Psychology and a recognized Minister in West Virginia through D’Arienzo Ministries. Being a recognized Minister and a Psychologist permits Dr. D’Arienzo to provide the West Virginia Premarital Education Course to those marrying in West Virginia. Our course is all inclusive for all types of couples.
We have been providing Online Premarital Preparation and Education Courses to thousands of happy couples since 2012! Our courses are guaranteed. Refunds are available if you are not satisfied unless you used your certificate for a marriage license discount.
By completing our WV Premarital Education Online Course you and your future spouse will save $20 on your WV Marriage License. The cost of a marriage license is $56 dollars. By taking our course, your marriage license will be $36. This is truly exciting and an added benefit. Not only will you receive a “$20 discount ” but you will learn so much about each other, yourself, and about what it takes to have a successful marriage.
Instructions: Our WV Premarital Education Course is completely automated. Once you purchase our course for $9.99 per couple, you will receive an automated email with the link and password to access the course. Once you complete our completely self-paced course, you will be immediately emailed a certificate of completion. It is that simple!
Topics Covered in our Course:
The Structure of a Healthy Relationship (Deepening Friendship, Love, and Intimacy)
Understanding Psychological and Emotional Needs
How Do Our Personalities Fit (Personality Test)?
Communication and Conflict Resolution
Complete Quiz and Questionnaire to Receive Certificate
According to West Virginia Chapter 48. Domestic Relations. Article 2. Marriages. Part VII. Premarital Education:
(a) Persons applying for a marriage license may attend a premarital education course of at least four hours during the twelve months immediately preceding the date of the application for the license.
(b) A premarital education course offers instruction involving marital issues which may include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Conflict management;
(2) Communication skills;
(3) Managing finances;
(4) Child and parenting responsibilities;
(5) Extended family roles; and
(6) Key components of a successful marriage.
(c) Premarital education course instructors must have training in skills-based and research-based marriage preparation curricula.
(d) Premarital education courses may be performed by the following:
(1) A professional counselor or marriage and family therapist licensed pursuant to article thirty-one, chapter thirty of this code;
(2) A social worker licensed pursuant to article thirty, chapter thirty of this code;
(3) A psychiatrist who is licensed as a physician pursuant to article three, chapter thirty of this code;
(4) A psychologist who is licensed pursuant to article twenty-one, chapter thirty of this code; or
(5) An active member of the clergy or his or her designee, including retired clergy, provided that a designee is trained in skills-based and research-based marriage preparation curricula premarital education.
(e) The premarital education course curricula must meet the requirements of this section and provide a skills-based and research-based curricula of the following:
(1) The National Healthy Marriage Resource Center;
(2) A church, spiritual assembly, or religious organization; or
(3) Other substantially similar resource.
(f) The Department of Health and Human Resources shall maintain an Internet website on which individuals and organizations described in subsection (c) may electronically register with the department to indicate the skills-based and research-based curriculum in which the registrant is trained.
(g) The premarital education provider shall furnish each participant, who completes the premarital education required by this section, a certificate of completion.
We are an approved West Virginia provider for all 55 WV counties: