Jacksonville Florida Therapist, Counselor, and Psychologist

Posted by: Dr. Justin D'Arienzo, Psy.D., ABPP

Jacksonville Florida Therapist, Counselor, and Psychologist

Jacksonville Florida Therapist, Counselor, and Psychologist. We have all three types at D’Arienzo Psychological Group. We have two licensed mental health counselors, a licensed clinical social worker, and a licensed psychologist. The Licensed Mental Health Counselors and our Licensed Clinical Social worker are considered therapists, psychotherapists, counselors, and life coaches. They have master degrees in their fields and are licensed by the state to practice mental health counseling and social work. They provide psychological evaluations, mental health evaluations, counseling, and therapy for children, adolescents, and adults. Additionally, we have a clinical and forensic psychologist, that is a psychotherapist and executive life coach, marital therapist, and couples therapist. Our Florida licensed psychologist treats and coaches adolescents, adults and couples.

At D’Arienzo Psychological Group, we provide comprehensive psychological behavioral healthcare for depression, anxiety, panic disorder, phobias, grief, infidelity, gambling addiction, pornography addiction, substance abuse, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, vocational problems, and stress. Our practitioners treat individuals from the cognitive behavioral, biopsychosocial and psychodynamic perspectives.

How do I know if I need a psychologist?

If you are looking for a professional that can assess you in a comprehensive manner for any psychological or psychiatric problem, with an assessment that may include psychological testing, to determine a specific diagnosis, and then to create a treatment plan and to treat you, then you may be looking for a psychologist. Psychologists are also able to inform whether medications would benefit you to treat a psychological disorder as well. A licensed psychologist in the state of Florida has a doctorate degree in psychology from a college or university that is accredited by the American Psychological Association and then has completed a psychology internship, post-doc or psychology residency following internship, and then possibly a fellowship. Many psychologists also seek board certification such as by the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP). If you are in need of some type of psychotherapy, whether it be for marital issues, substance problems, anxiety, or depression, a psychologist is the most expertly trained individual to assess you and treat you with psychotherapy.

How do I know if I need a counselor or therapist

Counselors and therapists in the state of Florida are typically master’s degree level practitioners whom are licensed in the state of Florida as Licensed Mental Health Counselors or Licensed Clinical Social Workers. Following their master’s degree, they must complete 2000 hours of supervised work and complete a national test in order to become licensed and to practice on their own. They provide counseling for individuals with depression, anxiety, life stress, adjustment issues, and other problems. They typically do not provide in depth evaluations, but can with specialized training. Some of these professionals do hold doctorate degrees in Educational Psychology and are licensed as clinical social workers or mental health counselors.

How do I know if I need to see a psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse practitioner?

A licensed mental health provider, whether psychologist, mental health counselor, or social worker can answer questions as to whether you may need medication. Medication should not be the first line of treatment for problems in life or with anxiety and depression. It is important to talk to a mental health provider first who can then refer you to your family physician, pediatrician, or to a psychiatric prescriber if appropriate.

Let us be your Jacksonville, Florida, Therapy Provider. Please contact us at 904-379-8094 and let us know how we can serve you.

Jacksonville Florida Therapist, Counselor, and Psychologist