Avoid the three day wait and save $32.50 on your marriage license in Suwannee County.
The Suwannee County Courthouse will discount your marriage license application fee from $93.50 to $61.00 upon completing our online premarital preparation course.
The cost of our the course is $19.99, so you will actually SAVE $12.51 on your marriage license and there will be no out of pocket cost.
1. Camp Weed & Cerveny Conference Center – Live Oak, FL
2. Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park – Live Oak, FL
3. First Baptist Church – Live Oak, FL
4. Mary Belle Baptist Church – Live Oak, FL
741.0305 Marriage fee reduction for completion of premarital preparation course.—
(1) A man and a woman who intend to apply for a marriage license under s. 741.04 may, together or separately, complete a premarital preparation course of not less than 4 hours. Each individual shall verify completion of the course by filing with the application a valid certificate of completion from the course provider, which certificate shall specify whether the course was completed by personal instruction, videotape instruction, instruction via other electronic medium, or a combination of those methods. All individuals who complete a premarital preparation course pursuant to this section must be issued a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the course by their course provider. Upon furnishing such certificate when applying for a marriage license, the individuals shall have their marriage license fee reduced by $32.50.
(2) The premarital preparation course may include instruction regarding:
(a) Conflict management.
(b) Communication skills.
(c) Financial responsibilities.
(d) Children and parenting responsibilities.
(e) Data compiled from available information relating to problems reported by married couples who seek marital or individual counseling.
(3)(a) All individuals electing to participate in a premarital preparation course shall choose from the following list of qualified instructors:
1. A psychologist licensed under chapter 490.
2. A clinical social worker licensed under chapter 491.
3. A marriage and family therapist licensed under chapter 491.
4. A mental health counselor licensed under chapter 491.
5. An official representative of a religious institution which is recognized under s. 496.404(19), if the representative has relevant training.
6. Any other provider designated by a judicial circuit, including, but not limited to, school counselors who are certified to offer such courses. Each judicial circuit may establish a roster of area course providers, including those who offer the course on a sliding fee scale or for free.
(b) The costs of such premarital preparation course shall be paid by the applicant.
(4) Each premarital preparation course provider shall furnish each participant who completes the course with a certificate of completion specifying the name of the participant and the date of completion and whether the course was conducted by personal instruction, videotape instruction, or instruction via other electronic medium, or by a combination of these methods.
(5) All area course providers shall register with the clerk of the circuit court by filing an affidavit in writing attesting to the provider’s compliance with the premarital preparation course requirements as set forth in this section and including the course instructor’s name and qualifications, including the license number, if any, or, if an official representative of a religious institution, a statement as to relevant training. The affidavit shall also include the addresses where the provider may be contacted.
History.—s. 5, ch. 98-403; s. 16, ch. 99-307.
Suwannee County Clerk of Court Contact Information
Address: 200 South Ohio Ave., Live Oak, FL 32064
When we go through big life changes, anxiety is bound to follow. It is important to focus on the present moment and to focus on what is going on within you. You do not have to change your anxious feelings but acknowledge them. If we pay attention to it, we are decreasing the power that it has over our lives.Learn More
The pandemic has created many feelings of uncertainty in our teenagers. Our licensed clinical social worker and anxiety specialist, Jenny Lehman, encourages teens and young adults that this will soon pass. She encourages viewers to look at every situation as a lesson and to ask themselves what you can learn from this situation. Jenny Lehman also goes on to encourage viewers to guard themselves against content that brings them anxiety.Learn More