Save $32.50 on your marriage license and avoid the three day wait requirement by completing the DPG Premarital Preparation Online Course. Follow these simple steps:
1. Click on the Buy Now link and make your secure payment through Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account to pay. You can pay as a Guest through Paypal. During normal business hours, you may also contact our office directly at (904) 379-8094 to make a payment. Both options are secure and quick methods to get started.
2. Once payment has been received, you will receive a password code via email so that you can login to the Premarital Preparation Course at www.drdarienzo.com. Please allow up to one hour to receive your code during normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. After normal business hours, please allow up to six hours to receive your code.
3. The course takes four hours to complete. You will have 30 days to complete the course. After you complete the course, you will take a quiz. Once you complete the quiz, you will be given a completion code that you will need to provide to our office in order to receive your completion certificate.
4. You will need to provide our office with your full name, the full name of your partner, the county in which you will be applying for a marriage license, and the email address you would like for your certificate to be sent. If you are applying in Alachua County, Bradford County, Desoto County, Dixie County, Flagler County, Gulf County, Hernando County, Highlands County, Leon County, Levy County, Monroe County, Nassau County, Okaloosa County, Okeechobee County, Pasco County, Polk County, Putnam County, or Taylor County, your county requires an original certificate, which must be mailed to you. Please allow 2-3 business days to receive your certificate if you will be obtaining a marriage license in one of these counties.
741.0305 Marriage fee reduction for completion of premarital preparation course.—
(1) A man and a woman who intend to apply for a marriage license under s. 741.04 may, together or separately, complete a premarital preparation course of not less than 4 hours. Each individual shall verify completion of the course by filing with the application a valid certificate of completion from the course provider, which certificate shall specify whether the course was completed by personal instruction, videotape instruction, instruction via other electronic medium, or a combination of those methods. All individuals who complete a premarital preparation course pursuant to this section must be issued a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the course by their course provider. Upon furnishing such certificate when applying for a marriage license, the individuals shall have their marriage license fee reduced by $32.50.
(2) The premarital preparation course may include instruction regarding:
(a) Conflict management.
(b) Communication skills.
(c) Financial responsibilities.
(d) Children and parenting responsibilities.
(e) Data compiled from available information relating to problems reported by married couples who seek marital or individual counseling.
(3)(a) All individuals electing to participate in a premarital preparation course shall choose from the following list of qualified instructors:
1. A psychologist licensed under chapter 490.
2. A clinical social worker licensed under chapter 491.
3. A marriage and family therapist licensed under chapter 491.
4. A mental health counselor licensed under chapter 491.
5. An official representative of a religious institution which is recognized under s. 496.404(19), if the representative has relevant training.
6. Any other provider designated by a judicial circuit, including, but not limited to, school counselors who are certified to offer such courses. Each judicial circuit may establish a roster of area course providers, including those who offer the course on a sliding fee scale or for free.
(b) The costs of such premarital preparation course shall be paid by the applicant.
(4) Each premarital preparation course provider shall furnish each participant who completes the course with a certificate of completion specifying the name of the participant and the date of completion and whether the course was conducted by personal instruction, videotape instruction, or instruction via other electronic medium, or by a combination of these methods.
(5) All area course providers shall register with the clerk of the circuit court by filing an affidavit in writing attesting to the provider’s compliance with the premarital preparation course requirements as set forth in this section and including the course instructor’s name and qualifications, including the license number, if any, or, if an official representative of a religious institution, a statement as to relevant training. The affidavit shall also include the addresses where the provider may be contacted.
History.—s. 5, ch. 98-403; s. 16, ch. 99-307.
The Premarital Preparation Course will be available for participants marrying in the following Florida Counties and Cities: