Seminole County Online Premarital Preparation Course

Seminole County Online Premarital Preparation Course, Wedding Venue and Marriage License Information

Welcome to the Seminole County Online Premarital Preparation Course.

Purchase Florida Premarital Course for $14.97 Here Now

Avoid the three day wait requirement and save $32.50 on your marriage license in Seminole County. We do provide the approved premarital course in an online format so you can save money on your marriage license and avoid waiting three days to have your marriage license issued to you.

Here’s how it works:

The Seminole County Courthouse will reduce your marriage license application fee $32.50 upon completing our online premarital preparation course. 

The cost of our the course is $14.97, so you will actually SAVE $12.51 on your marriage license and there will be no out of pocket cost.

Our Seminole County Online Premarital Preparation Course Covers the Following Cities:
  • Altamonte Springs
  • Casselberry
  • Forest City
  • Geneva
  • Goldenrod
  • Heathrow
  • Lake Mary
  • Lake Monroe
  • Longwood
  • Oviedo
  • Sanford
  • Wekiva Springs
  • Winter Springs

To purchase your online premarital preparation course, click here.


Seminole County Wedding Venue Information

1. Gallery J – Winter Springs, FLSeminole County Online Premarital Preparation Course Seminole County Online Premarital Preparation Course

2. Horsepower Ranch and Events – Geneva, FL

3. Luxmore Grande Estate – Winter Springs, FL

4. Maison & Jardin – Altamonte Springs, FL

Seminole County Online Premarital Preparation Course Seminole County Online Premarital Preparation Course

5. The Crystal Ballroom – Altamonte Springs, FL

6. The Secret Garden – Longwood, FL

7. Noah’s Event Venue – Lake Mary, FL

8. Orlando Marriott – Lake Mary, FL

Seminole County Marriage License Information

How much does it cost to get married?

The cost of a marriage license is $93.50 (cash only).  The cost of a marriage license is reduced to $61.00 when you present a certificate of completion by a course provider of the four hour prescribed premarital class.  After the effective date on your marriage license, you have the option to have your marriage ceremony performed at the civil courthouse or at one of our branch offices for a fee of $30.00.

How do I apply for a marriage license?

To apply for a marriage license, you must be 18 years old or older; you and your fiancée must apply together in person, and you must both present either a valid driver’s license a certified copy of your birth certificate, or a passport.  You must pay in cash.

Who can apply?
  • Any male or female age 18 or over;
  • A minor whose parents are deceased and no guardian is appointed;
  • Minors who, under oath, swear that they are parents or expectant parents of a child.  In addition, the pregnancy must be verified by a written statement by a licensed physician.  When the fact of pregnancy is verified by the written statement of a licensed physician, a county court judge may, in his or her discretion, issue a license to marry;
  • A previously married minor; and,
  • A person age 16 or 17 with parental or guardian consent
Is consent of both parents required?

Unless the parents are divorced and the custody and control of the minor is assigned to one parent.  Written consent of an incompetent parent is not required (Attorney General Opinion 49-122).  All written consent must be notarized or signed before a deputy clerk.

Do I have to be a Florida resident or an American citizen to obtain a marriage license?

No. Residency and citizenship are not required.

Are blood tests and physical exams required?

No.  The law requiring these tests was abolished October 1, 1986.

Must I apply for a marriage license in the county in which I live?

No, a marriage license may be applied for and solemnized in any Florida county.  However, the marriage license must be recorded in the county where it was obtained.

Where can I apply for a marriage license in Seminole County?

A marriage license may be obtained Monday through Friday in the civil courthouse or any one of our branch offices.  We do not take appointments.

How long is my license valid?

Sixty days from the date the license is issued.

Who may perform marriage ceremonies?
  • All regularly ordained ministers or other ordained clergy;
  • Elders in communion with some church;
  • All judicial officers (judges) of the State of Florida;
  • Clerks of Circuit Court and their deputies of the State of Florida;
  • Notaries Public of the State of Florida; and,
  • The law provides that marriages may be performed among “Quakers” or “Friends,” in a manner and form used or practiced in their societies.
Who is a regularly ordained minister?

He/she is a minister who has been recognized in the manner required by the regulations of the respective denomination to perform marriage ceremonies.

May a marriage be solemnized without a license?

No.  Section 741.08 F.S. states that the party solemnizing the marriage shall require a properly issued license before performing the ceremony.

When and who should return the license to the clerk?

A marriage cannot be officially recorded until the license is returned to the clerk.  It should be returned within 10 days after the wedding.  The party who performed the marriage or the couple is responsible for returning the completed license.

Can I be married in the clerk’s office?

Yes, the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court performs wedding ceremonies between 8:00am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.  Branch offices perform wedding ceremonies between 8:15am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.  The fee is $30.00 (payments must be made in cash).  We do not take appointments.

Can I pay for my marriage license with a personal check?

Checks are not accepted for payment of a marriage license fee.  Cash only.

How do I get a copy?

Once you apply, we will issue you an original marriage license immediately.  The license must be completed the day of your wedding.  When your marriage license is returned, it is recorded automatically in the Official Records of the County.  One certified copy is supplied by the Clerk’s Office free of charge, however, you can obtain additional certified copies from the Land Records Department; the cost is $3.00.

Where to write for a copy of your marriage license:
Department of HRS
Division of Vital Statistics
P.O. Box 210
Jacksonville, FL  32231-0042
(904) 359-6955
or If you were issued your marriage license in Seminole County, contact:
Land Records
Clerk of the Circuit Court
P.O. Box 8099
Sanford, FL  32772-8099
(407) 665-4409
How can I get an annulment?

You should contact an attorney.

Why does a marriage license cost so much?

The fee you pay helps fund a number of worthwhile programs around the state:  Twenty-five dollars of the $93.50 goes to pay for domestic violence centers; $7.50 to the Displaced Homemakers Trust; $4.00 to the Bureau of Vital Statistics; $25.00 to the Family Court Trust Fund.  The balance is retained by the Clerk, statutorily, to defray offices’ expenses.

Changing information on documents If your marriage means a change in name and/or address, remember to make the following important notifications:
  • Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Division of Drivers License;
  • Your nearest Social Security office;
  • Your voter’s registration office;
  • Military Reserve commanding officer; and,
  • Beneficiaries:  Members of your family are probably named as beneficiaries or joint owners on many of these documents and you may wish to list your spouse as the new beneficiary or joint owner.
Where can I get a birth certificate?

Most states provide certified copies of birth certificates through their Bureau of Vital Statistics.  In Florida, the Bureau can be contacted by calling (904) 359-6900, or writing:

State of Florida
Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services
Vital Statistics
Post Office Box 210
Jacksonville, Florida 32231

If you were born in Florida, you can now obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate at the Seminole County Health Department, 400 West Airport Boulevard, Sanford, Florida  32773.

Please refer to the Seminole County Clerk of Court website for additional information.


Tricare Psychology, Counseling, and Mental Health Care

Tricare Psychology, Counseling, and Mental Health Care. Military psychology plays a pivotal role in supporting the mental health and well-being of service members, their families, and retirees. Understanding the unique challenges faced by these individuals is essential, as is providing comprehensive care through programs such as TRICARE Mental Health Services. This article delves into the significance of military psychology and the benefits offered by TRICARE for those serving, their loved ones, and those who have served. Military Service Mental Health Psychological and Counseling Center in Florida Understanding Military Psychology. Military psychology focuses on the psychological aspects of military life, combat, and the aftermath of service. It encompasses a wide range of mental health services aimed at addressing issues such as PTSD, anxiety, depression, and the stressors associated with military duties and transitions back to civilian life. The goal is to offer support that is both preventive and therapeutic, ensuring the mental resilience and well-being of the military community. TRICARE Mental Health Services: A Comprehensive Approach. TRICARE, the health care program serving Uniformed Service members, retirees, and their families, provides extensive mental health services. These services are designed to support the unique needs of the military community, including: Access to Care: TRICARE ensures access to mental health care without the need for referrals for active duty members. Family members and retirees can also access services with minimal barriers, emphasizing the importance of early and effective intervention. Diverse Treatments: The program covers a wide array of mental health treatments, including….

Learn More