Our premarital preparation course will answer the question, should I get married, and if you are considering getting married, you better know the answer to that question. Fortunately, I will provide you with some important facts to help you in making the decision about getting married and making the right decision for the two of you.
- 60 percent of all divorces involve individuals aged 25 to 39. Know that if you are within this age group you are at a higher risk for divorce than those at other ages. However, don’t be too worried by this statistic as most people getting married are within this age bracket and this likely raises the rate of divorce.
- Those who wait to marry until they are over 25 years old are 24 percent less likely to get divorced. Remember, that the older you are, the more likely you are to be successful. Think about it. The greatest risk of divorce is actually financial problems and the older you are, the more likely you will have more money and be more stable financially, thus increasing your chances of remaining married.
- If you and your partner have had previous marriages, you are 90 percent more likely to get divorced than if this had been the first marriage for both of you. This is true. Remember that the people that have stable marriages and stick it out are not included in this segment, so the peoples whom get divorced at least one time may possess certain factors that decrease their chances of marital success.
- If you met your spouse in high school, college, or grad school, you are 41 percent less likely to get divorced. It is clear that education provides a buffer to problems and thus divorce. Marriage is a lot less stressful if both partners have an education and jobs and are already established when they came together. Being stable already helps to avoid many unnecessary headaches.
- Having a baby before marriage can increase risk of divorce by 24 percent. Although many people choose to have a child prior to be married, given the many stresses and adjustments with marriage and permanently combining lives, having a child already certainly adds to the stress level.
- The average total cost of divorce in the United States is $15,000. You are likely realizing the high cost of getting married, and you should know the cost of divorce. Know that this cost is for a low conflict divorce.
- And most importantly, being super excited about your prospective partner and sharing many values, goals, and dreams is key. Couples that are lukewarm or are cold during the courting process or have dissimilar attitudes and lifestyles are more prone to relationship problems.
Hopefully we have answered the question as to whether I should get married. It’s important to know what is stacked against you or what is working in your favor. Taking our premarital preparation course is an excellent way to answer the question, should I get married. We hope you are ready for the big commitment. Marriage is a wonderful thing when two people join together with eyes wide open and in love.
Florida Premarital Preparation Course Page
Online Florida Premarital Preparation Blog Page