Santa Rosa County Online Premarital Preparation Course

Santa Rosa County Online Premarital Preparation Course, Wedding Venue and Marriage License Information

Welcome to the $14.97 Online Premarital Preparation Course in Santa Rosa County

Purchase Florida Premarital Course for $14.97 Here Now

Here’s How It Works:

The Santa Rosa County Courthouse will reduce your marriage license application fee from $93.50 to $61.00 upon completing our online premarital preparation course. 

The cost of our the course is $14.97, so you will actually SAVE $12.51 on your marriage license and there will be no out of pocket cost.

Our Online Premarital Preparation Course for Santa Rosa County Covers the Following Cities:
  • Avalon Beach
  • Bagdad
  • Gulf Breeze
  • Jay
  • Milton
  • Munson
  • Navarre
  • Pace

To purchase your online premarital  preparation course, click here.

Santa Rosa County Wedding Venue Information

1. Coldwater Gardens – Milton, FL

Online Premarital Preparation Course in Santa Rosa

2. Hidden Creek Golf Course – Navarre, FL

3. Tiger Point Golf Club – Gulf Breeze, FL

4. Adventures Unlimited Outdoor Center – Milton, FL

5. Best Western Navarre Waterfront – Navarre, FL

Santa Rosa Marriage License Information

Who may apply for a marriage license?
  • Any male or female age 18 or over.
  • A minor whose parents are deceased or no guardian is appointed.
  • Minors, who under oath, swear that they are parents or expectant parents of a child.  In addition, the pregnancy must be verified by a written statement of a licensed physician. When the fact of pregnancy is verified by the written statement of a licensed physician, the county court judge may, in his/her discretion, issue a license to marry.
  • A previously married minor.
  • A person age 16 or 17 with parental or guardian consent.
Where consent is required, is consent of both parents required?

Yes, unless the parents are divorced and the sole custody and control is placed in one parent, then only the parent having such sole custody and control shall be required to give the written consent.  Written consent of an incompetent parent is not required (Attorney General Opinion 49-122).  All written consents must be acknowledged (notarized).

Is there a waiting period for issuance of the license?

Yes. There is a three day waiting period provided by the state legislature effective January 1, 1999, if either party is a Florida resident.  Exceptions: Non-Florida residents with out of state drivers license used as proof of identity, require no waiting period. Florida residents who provide upon making application proof of completion of a 4-hour marriage preparation course provided by an instructor registered with Santa Rosa County, FL, require no waiting period.

Are blood tests and physical exams required?

No.  The law requiring these tests was abolished October 1, 1986.

Must I apply for a marriage license in the county where I live?

No, a marriage license may be applied for and solemnized in any Florida county.

Where can I apply for a marriage license in Santa Rosa County?

(see link below)

A marriage license may be obtained Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Clerk of Circuit Court’s Offices at Santa Rosa County Administrative Center, 6495 Caroline Street, Suite A, Milton, FL 32570 (behind McDonald’s) (850)983-1966 and South Santa Rosa County Service Center, 5841 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Gulf Breeze, FL  32563 (next door to THE ZOO) (850) 981-5570.

How long is a marriage license valid once it is issued?

The marriage must be solemnized within sixty (60) days of issuance of the marriage license. The ceremony can be performed anywhere in the State of Florida.

Who may perform marriage ceremonies?
  • A regularly ordained minister or other ordained clergy;
  • Elders in communion with some church;
  • All judicial officers (judges) of the State of Florida;
  • Clerks of Circuit Court and their deputies of the State of Florida; and
  • Notaries Public of the State of Florida.
  • In addition, the law provides that marriages may be performed among “Quakers” or “Friends,” in the manner and form used or practiced in their societies.
Who is a “regularly ordained minister”?

He/she is a minister who has been recognized in the manner required by the regulations of the respective denomination to perform marriage ceremonies.

May a marriage be solemnized without a license?

No, Section 7.41.08 F.S. states that the party solemnizing the marriage shall require a properly issued license before performing the ceremony. (see link to statute below)

When and who should return the license to the Clerk?

A marriage cannot be officially recorded until the license is returned to the Clerk.  It should be returned within ten days after the wedding.  The party who performed the marriage is responsible for returning the completed license.

Can I be married in the Clerk’s Office?

Yes. Deputy Clerks are authorized and available during normal working hours to perform marriage ceremonies. The fee for this service is set by Florida Statute and is currently $30.00.

What is the fee for a marriage license?

(see link below for fees)

Can I pay for my marriage license with a personal check?

In Santa Rosa County, checks are accepted for a marriage license. Checks should be made payable to the Clerk of Court.

Changing information on documents:

If your marriage means a change in name and/or address, remember to make the following important notifications:

  1. Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Division of Drivers License.
  2. Your nearest Social Security Office.
  3. Your voter’s registration office.
  4. Military Reserve commanding officer.
  5. Beneficiaries: Members of your family are probably named as beneficiaries or joint owners on many of these documents (bank accounts, insurance policies, employment benefits, etc.) and you may wish to make your spouse the new beneficiary or joint owner.
Where to write for a copy of your marriage license:

Department of HRS

Division of Vital Statistics

PO Box 210

Jacksonville, FL  32231-0042

Phone: (904) 359-6955




If you were issued your marriage license in Santa Rosa County, contact:

Clerk of Circuit Court

Recording Department

PO Box 472

Milton, FL  32572

(850) 983-1966



Publications in PDF can only be viewed and printed using the Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or higher. The downloadable Acrobat Reader software is available at NO CHARGE from the Adobe Systems website. For more information on other files viewers go to our Accessibility page. The following documents will open in a new window.