Avoid the 3-day wait requirement and save $32.50 on your marriage license in Citrus County.
Here’s how it works:
Your Citrus County Courthouse will discount your marriage license application fee from $93.50 to $61.00 upon completing our online premarital preparation course.
The cost of our the course is $19.99, so you will actually SAVE $12.51 on your marriage license and there will be no out of pocket cost.
Our Online Premarital Preparation Course for Citrus County Covers the Following Cities and More:
After you have taken your premarital course, the next step is to choose a venue to make your vows and then celebrate. We have included the top places to get married in Citrus County:
1. Citrus Hills Golf and Country Club.
2. Lakeside Ranch and Resort.
3. Tuscany On the Meadows.
Please refer to the Citrus County Clerk of Court website for additional information. http://www.clerk.citrus.fl.us/nws/home.jsp?section=3&item=38
Voice: (352) 341-6424
Fax: (352) 341-6413
New!!! Marriage Packages offered by the Clerk’s office
Photo packages are available at the Inverness location only.
Both applicants must appear and provide the following information:
1. Proper Identification – one (1) of the following:
2. Social Security Number of both applicants.
3. Premarital Preparation Course and Family Law Handbook requirements:
4. If the last marriage ended by divorce, the month, day, and year of the final judgment is required.
5. If the last marriage ended by death, the month, day, and year of the deceased spouses death is required.
6. If either applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, you must provide parental consent from both parents. Parental consent may be provided by one parent if he or she has sole custody or the other parent is deceased. Parental consent is required unless a medical statement by a licensed physician is submitted as proof of pregnancy and presented to the County Court Judge. The County Court Judge at his or her discretion can issue a license to marry.
7. No person under 16 years of age may obtain a marriage license unless a medical statement as proof of pregnancy is presented to the County Judge and the County Judge approves such marriage.
8. The license is valid for sixty (60) days after the date of issuance and may be used anywhere in the State of Florida. If the license expires before the ceremony is performed, a new license and fee will be required.
9. A free certified copy of the marriage license will be provided either by mail to the address provided or in person within thirty (30) days from the date the license is received by the Clerk’s office. Any additional certified copies will be $3.00 each.
10. A Deputy Clerk may perform your ceremony for a fee of $30.00. It will be necessary to make an appointment for this service and specify which office you would like to have it performed at.
Our offices are open weekdays 8:00am to 5:00pm. Please view the Holiday Schedule (under Related Links) for exceptions.
Main Office – Inverness Courthouse (352) 341-6424
110 N Apopka Avenue
Inverness, Florida 34450
West Citrus Government Center
1540 N Meadowcrest Blvd Suite 300
Crystal River, Florida 34429
Dr. D’Arienzo is a Board Certified Clinical Psychologist and Anger Management Expert. Dr. D’Arienzo developed a fully online, fully automated four-hour and eight-hour anger management course. This course is chalked full of exercises and educational material to help you identify and manage your anger. Purchase 4 hour Level 1 Anger Management Course for $29.99 or our 8 hour Level 2 Anger Management Course for $49.99.Learn More
Dr. D’Arienzo is a Board Certified Clinical Psychologist and Divorce Expert. Dr. D’Arienzo developed a fully online Parent and Family Stabilization Course. Dr. D’Arienzo discusses section four of his course: how to communicate with your children about divorce. Purchase our course to ensure that your children survive and thrive during your divorce.Learn More
Divorce is a loss for the parents and children that are involved. In this article we will discuss the stages of grief and loss as it pertains to divorce. We go over the stages of loss, the changes that come with divorce, and how you can get through divorce. Take our DCF Approved Parent Stabilization Course for only $19.95 today.Learn More