Welcome to our Florida Premarital Preparation Online Course Instructions page. The cost of our premarital course is $19.99 per couple – giving you a total savings of $12.51 on your Florida marriage license and no out-of-pocket expenses to you at all!
It’s easy…take the course today! The Online Course: $19.99 PER COUPLE
We are an authorized provider of the premarital preparation course for the following counties in Florida. Click here to make sure your county is on the list.
Benefits of our Course in Addition to Saving You Money:
Learn how to be more intimate and potentially improve your sex life.
Decrease your chance of divorce and conflict.
Learn how to improve your compatibility and communication together.
Learn how to resolve arguments, conflicts, and disagreements.
Learn about your future spouse’s dreams, desires, and goals.
Learn more about your personality and your future spouse’s personality.
Learn how to resolve financial matters and learn how to better budget.
Learn even more about yourself and your future spouse and about marriage!
Have questions? Please click here to visit our FAQ page!
The Florida Marriage License Cost is $93.50. By taking the DPG Premarital Online Course you save $32.50 on your marriage license cost, reducing your Marriage License fee to $61.00 and you avoid the three day Florida state wait requirement. The cost of our online premarital course is $19.99 (per couple) giving you an actual savings of $12.51 off your Florida Marriage License. It is better than free! Follow these simple steps below to begin:
Florida Premarital Preparation Online Course $19.99
Course created by Dr. Justin D’Arienzo, Florida Psychologist and Relationship Expert
Get all the benefits of taking our FL Premarital Preparation Course: Saving on your FL Marriage License, avoiding the three day wait, and increasing your odds of having a successful and loving marriage.
741.0305 Marriage fee reduction for completion of premarital preparation course.—
(1) A man and a woman who intend to apply for a marriage license under s. 741.04 may, together or separately, complete a premarital preparation course of not less than 4 hours. Each individual shall verify completion of the course by filing with the application a valid certificate of completion from the course provider, which certificate shall specify whether the course was completed by personal instruction, videotape instruction, instruction via other electronic medium, or a combination of those methods. All individuals who complete a premarital preparation course pursuant to this section must be issued a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the course by their course provider. Upon furnishing such certificate when applying for a marriage license, the individuals shall have their marriage license fee reduced by $32.50.
(2) The premarital preparation course may include instruction regarding:
(a) Conflict management.
(b) Communication skills.
(c) Financial responsibilities.
(d) Children and parenting responsibilities.
(e) Data compiled from available information relating to problems reported by married couples who seek marital or individual counseling.
(3)(a) All individuals electing to participate in a premarital preparation course shall choose from the following list of qualified instructors:
1. A psychologist licensed under chapter 490.
2. A clinical social worker licensed under chapter 491.
3. A marriage and family therapist licensed under chapter 491.
4. A mental health counselor licensed under chapter 491.
5. An official representative of a religious institution which is recognized under s. 496.404(19), if the representative has relevant training.
6. Any other provider designated by a judicial circuit, including, but not limited to, school counselors who are certified to offer such courses. Each judicial circuit may establish a roster of area course providers, including those who offer the course on a sliding fee scale or for free.
(b) The costs of such premarital preparation course shall be paid by the applicant.
(4) Each premarital preparation course provider shall furnish each participant who completes the course with a certificate of completion specifying the name of the participant and the date of completion and whether the course was conducted by personal instruction, videotape instruction, or instruction via other electronic medium, or by a combination of these methods.
(5) All area course providers shall register with the clerk of the circuit court by filing an affidavit in writing attesting to the provider’s compliance with the premarital preparation course requirements as set forth in this section and including the course instructor’s name and qualifications, including the license number, if any, or, if an official representative of a religious institution, a statement as to relevant training. The affidavit shall also include the addresses where the provider may be contacted.
History.—s. 5, ch. 98-403; s. 16, ch. 99-307.
Authorized Counties List: See our county pages below for information about wedding venues and getting your Florida marriage license in those specific counties as well. We have done the research so you do not have to!
Alachua, Baker, Bay, Bradford, Brevard, Broward, Calhoun, Charlotte, Citrus, Clay, Collier, Columbia, Desoto, Dixie, Duval, Escambia, Flagler, Franklin, Gadsden, Gilchrist, Glades, Gulf, Hamilton, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Holmes, Indian River, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Lake, Lee, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Manatee, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Nassau, Okaloosa, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Santa Rosa, Sarasota, Seminole, St. Johns, St. Lucie, Sumter, Suwannee, Taylor, Union, Volusia, Wakulla, Walton, and Washington Counties.